Friday, May 29, 2009

The school year.

Well today was the very last day of the school year. I have had such a wonderful year being at Spring Creek Elementary. Don't get me wrong it has had its obstacles like learning how to use the stupid smart board when I am a total computer idiot and having to sub for my boss when I don't feel like I am at all adequate to be a teacher. The worst of all was finding out that I am not smarter than a fifth grader or even a fourth grader when it comes to math. I hate math. I hated it when I was in school. I finally had to tell my boss that it didn't do any good for me to help the kids with math because I didn't know how to do it myself. At Least he was understanding about it even though he is a genius when it comes to every school subject. At the beginning of the school year when I was asked to help with the special ed kids I was very skeptical. I was even regretting it half way through the school year. Some of the kids are just really challenging and its hard because you don't feel like you are helping them that much. Now my perspective has totally changed. I have learned to love those kids because I have spent so much time and energy helping them. They really are cute and special kids who just need a little extra help. I finally do think that I was able to make a difference in their lives. Next year I will be back at Spring Creek helping with the special ed kids. One more year without all the nervousness because now I know what to expect. I will also be doing summer school the month of June and that will be nice because it is only half a day. I have to say that the best thing that happened to me this year was being able meet and work with my friend Mindy Winterton. My partner in crime. I really love this lady. She is so nice and kind and really is an example to me. I don't think I would have been able to make it through the school year without her. Thanks Mindy!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so great. I am glad that you are doing something that you love. Love all the pictures too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.