Friday, June 12, 2009

Yippee

Well a lot has been happening in my neck of the woods lately but I don't know if it is really anything interesting. I am still doing summer school and I love it because it is a short work day and it is just with the first graders. No more not being smarter than a fifth grader for me. At least not for the summer anyway. The only downfall is that I won't be getting a paycheck for July or August so we are going to have a very poor summer. I am kind of excited about it though because I will have a couple of months off to just hang out with my kids. I haven't been able to do that in a long time. Also I am happy to be able to get my house clean. I feel like it has been neglected this winter because I was working so much. I just felt like this was one of the busiest years I have ever had with work and church and the kids being involved in their activities. I am ready for some time off. Another thing that I am excited for is to just keep my yard up. I have never been much of a yard person but this summer I am determined to keep it looking nice. So far I am off to a good start. Hopefully I will be able to keep it up. I usually get sick of watering everything by the time July hits. I am so excited because the lavender bushes that I got from my grandmas house are finally starting to bloom. I was really worried that they would die because I dug them up while they were starting to grow but they seem to be doing well. They have a lot of sentimental value to me because they always remind me of grandmas house. Another thing that I decided I need to be better at is going to the temple. I went last night with Saundra and it was wonderful going. I am ashamed to admit it but before last night it has been two years since I had gone. I am going to make a goal to at least try and go once a month. I know this might be a hard goal for me to reach but at least I am going to try. The kids are really excited because we got tickets to go to the Oquirrah Mt. temple on June 30th. I want them to have the temple as a goal for them and really appreciate that we have so many around us. Hayden was really upset last night when I got to go to the Provo Temple and he didn't. I tried to explain to him why he didn't go but I am sure its hard for a six year old to understand. I know I am not the best example to my kids when it comes to scripture readying and family home evening but I want them to want to go to the temple. I can't imagine what it would be like to not have my family sealed to me. Hopefully I will always be worthy of this wonderful blessing. I don't know, all we can do is try right? If you look really close at the Lavender you can see the purple buds. Yipee We took the fence down and it looks a lot better. Lets see how long my flowers will stay alive! Anyone want to make any bets?

4 comments:

  1. Holy Moly, your house looks so different with the fence gone. Dalen and I have been making it a goal to go together. It has been years and last month we went twice. I was thinking that the building would burn to the ground or something, but it is still there. Let me know if you want to go. I'd love to go with you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes we should set a night when we can go together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to get to the temple regularly--especially with young kids. David and I went together for the first time in about a year on Saturday and it was really nice. Realistically though we probably won't make it again real soon. I have a hard time leaving my kids for 6+ hours. Good for you for making the goal though! Also, I love that lavender from Grandma's house. I remember that I actually planted some of that for her. I should see if Mom would dig up a little bit for me and keep it for me until I can get it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I love your goal, my oldest is old enought to babysit I have no excuses thanks for the inspiration. Your Family is adorable. You should check out my blog I do not always update but everyonce in a while you might get lucky. Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.