Thursday, February 19, 2009

Hayden

Hayden is going to turn 6 in two days. I am so excited for this. He is such a cute little boy and such a blessing to have in my life. I wish I had some baby pictures of him on here but I will post a few of him in the last couple of years. I will also tell you a little bit about his short little life and mine with him. I found out I was pregnant with Hayden while I was in Yellowstone National Park. I didn't take a pregnancy test but had a feeling that I was expecting. I always had the feeling that he was a boy and was very happy when I got the confirmation. Steve and I went back and forth between the names Garrett and Hayden but of course Hayden won out. My pregnancy with him was a very easy one. I tried to keep myself healthy and limited myself to gaining 23 pounds, a lot better than with he first pregnancy. His birth was also very easy. When I say easy I mean as easy a birth could be expected to be. It lasted four and a half hours from the first contraction to the time he came out. Of course I had an epidural but It didn't start working until I was about to push him out so I always think that I pretty much had natural labor except I didn't have to feel the pushing pains which I am very grateful for. He looked exactly like his dad and his grandpa Groneman because like all babies he looked like an old man. He was a great baby. Very mild and easy to deal with. He slept a lot better than his sister had and he had to learn to self sooth because his sister was a very demanding toddler. I was very happy to have a mild baby considering Carly was a very demanding little thing. Hayden was a very quiet little toddler also. I would forget that he was downstairs playing because he was so quiet and would run down in fear that something had happened to him just to find him quietly looking at a book or playing with toys. He loves school and loves life and we love him. Happy birthday Hayden!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.