Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tonsils

Just waiting to get registered at the hospital!


All ready to go and still smiling!


Killing time playing the D.S. since the Dr. was an hour and a half late!
Hayden has had huge tonsils ever since I can remember.  Every time I take him to the Dr. and its someone new they always are amazed that they could be that big.  The look like they close off his throat!  We have contemplated over the years whether or not we should get them taken out or not and it just never seemed right.  Other than them being enormous he didn't have very many side effects from them until last year.  Last year he got Strep a total of five time.  He also suffered from chronic stomach aches.  Finally Dr. Lauret put two and two together and decided they were both due to him having chronic strep and the tonsils finally needed to come out.  I felt like it was time also, the poor kid needed some relief from being sick.  Last Wednesday was the big day.  He was so brave until the men and women dressed in green came in and they he cried for about 2 seconds but quickly regained his composure.  Everything went well and now he is on the road to recovery.  I just hate seeing the poor kid in pain.  He is so amazing though because he hardly ever complains but I know it has to hurt him.  Hopefully this is the end of STREP!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything went okay. He's such a cute kid! He'll be feeling better in no time I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of ice cream. :) Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must have been hard to see him tear up. Poor little guy. I had my tonsils out when Iw as five and I'm still a little sad that I didn't get ice-cream. Please bring justice to the world and get that kid some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully his recovery is as good as Mikaila's was... it was so smooth!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.