Thursday, July 9, 2009

Camping

Camping was such a blast this year. We went to Reservation Ridge as usual to spend some time with the Thomas'. Randy left early so it was Steve, me, the kids, and Saundra. It was so fun. We got to sleep in the trailer which was the first good thing because the older I get the less I enjoy tent camping. The kids loved being able to sleep in their own bed up above the rest of us. They thought this was pretty cool. Hayden loves everything about camping. He was just happy to be out in the open with a whole world to explore and be a boy in. He collected every bone he could find and because of this I think I have half a deer body on my front porch. He played in the dirt, shot a sling shot, found geocaches with grandma and whatever else he could do to keep busy. Carly also had fun. Her favorite thing of course is riding the four wheelers. The faster the better for her. She makes me laugh because she reminds me of me when I was her age. She also loved her coloring books that grandma and the fairies brought to her. She spend about half of the time in the trailer coloring and doing mad libs. I love mad libs. We had fun taking turns answering them and then reading them aloud to everyone. It just shows how immature I am because I always want to use potty words in them and have to refrain from it in my kids presence. We went on some really pretty four wheeler rides and the wild flowers were beautiful. I took a picture of every new flower that I saw. My favorite is one called the Sugar bowl. Its the purple one that looks like a bell. I had never seen it before and was quite happy to. I didn't get to see a bear or cougar this year but I did get to see lots of deer, three beaver and a snowshoe hare. I love wildlife, and I love being outdoors with my family. Saundra is so fun to be around and she is so good to the kids. The fairies (aka grandma) made sure to bring lots of fairy surprises to the kids so they could find fun things hidden around the camp. Their favorite thing that the fairies brought were their sunglasses. They have been wearing them everywhere and didn't take them off while camping. It was definitely a fun and relaxing trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.