Friday, March 6, 2009

I decided that I need to make another new years resolution. I know that it is already well into the year but I want to set this goal for myself. I work with a couple of women that I have learned to respect a great deal. I started thinking about what it was that drew me to them and I realized that they were very positive people. Whenever I say something negative I noticed that they try to say something positive. It made me start reevaluating myself and thinking that I didn't want to be a negative person. One of those people who can't say anything nice. I hate being around those people and I don't want to end up like them. I know that I am going to have to work on it but I am going to try, since being a little negative just comes naturally to me. Hopefully with time I will start to notice the good in things before I notice the bad. Here is a quote from my favorite prophet that hopefully will help me along my journey to positivity. “Criticism and pessimism destroy families, undermine institutions of all kinds, defeat nearly everyone, and spread a shroud of gloom over entire nations.” Gordon B. Hinkley

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to get stuck in a rut. At least you recognized a weakness and are working on changing it.

    I need to be more positive as well. The world would be such a better place if people looked for the good in others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing that. I need to work on that also. It is so easy to be negative but it is alot better to be positive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.