Thursday, September 9, 2010

First day of school and new crochet project!

Here is my latest crochet project. Crochet hat with flower and poncho with bow. Here are the patterns in case anyone wants to try them for themselves. I love this new crochet blog where I got the flower pattern, this girl is so cute and the things she makes are incredible. Sometimes I just get the urge to make something and just have to see what I end up with. I thought a poncho would be cute and I did intend to put the flower on it instead of the bow but thought it looked cute on the hat. Carly loves them both but I am sure that I will give the hat away as a present because she never wears them. She says they mess her hair up too much. She does love the poncho however and is very excited to start wearing it.
I know I am a few weeks late posting the pictures of the kids first day of school, but I decided I should anyway. It has just taken me this long to get used to working again. My house is a mess and I am EXHAUSTED every day when I get home. I forgot how tiring it was to work with kids all day every day. (Did I mention I am in the primary presidency also?) Anyway the kids are loving school so far. Carly is in fourth grade and Hayden in second. Holy cow where did the time go? I still imagine them as my little babies. I guess all mothers think of their children that way. Before I know it they will be out of elementary school altogether. I am so blessed that I get to work at the school. I still feel like I can help earn a living for my family yet be there for the kids also.

4 comments:

  1. I love that we can still keep in contact with your family. My kids were excited to see your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hat the flower is really cute on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute kiddos...I still think of them as your babies too. They grow up way too fast. Hope school is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so creative! You really are blessed to be able to work with the kids at their school. I'm sure you have to be totally kid burnt out! I feel that way sometimes too... Wish we were closer so we could get away from it all sometimes with each other! If you decide to start selling your crochet things online, maybe give artfire a try (instead of etsy). With their basic membership you can list things for free and there is no fee when you sell. something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.