Friday, March 26, 2010

So disappointed!

Ok I was so excited to make the healthy brownies that I ran to the store to buy all the ingredients after work today. I came home and went right to work making them. I was so excited and relieved to finally have a brownie I could eat and not feel guilty about. YUCK! I couldn't even finish one. They taste like pure cocoa powder. Hayden took a bite and spit it out. O well I should have know better. Although the neighbor kid did eat one and said that he LOVED it. So maybe your taste is different than mine. Here is the nutrition information if you would like to know. Calories 58.5 fat 1.6 cholesterol 3.0 sodium 31.8 mg carbs 8.0 fiber 3.1 protein 4.2 g

4 comments:

  1. I am starting to lose my faith in Healthy eating, For years I go out and buy all of these "HEALTHY" foods then I spend all this money making them then GROSE! and then the question becomes do I make my family and I eat them or do I chuck them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing with a 'healthy cookie' recipe a few years back. I was telling Brenda about it and she basically said you can't mess with sweets. I guess it's true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend makes these Oatmeal butterscotch cookies that she puts chickpeas in. The were really good, the butterscotch hides the chickpeas it s the choc. chip recipe from deceptivally delicious. They are really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a "healthy" version of the chocolate cake in a mug recipe: http://blogs.webmd.com/healthy-recipe-doctor/2009/05/5-minute-chocolate-mug-cake-makeover.html
    I made it slightly more healthy by substituting pumpkin puree for the sour cream (can't taste the pumpkin after it bakes or you could use applesauce) and used honey instead of sugar (I imagine you could use the other sugar substitutes you mentioned though). I thought it tasted good and the girls love it (though I do drip some chocolate syrup over the top of theirs... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.