Sunday, September 27, 2009

Latest attempt at being crafty!

For a long time I have wanted to learn how to knit. I just think you can make the cutest things while knitting. I decided to give it a go last weekend. My mom came over and started me off with some simple stitches so I decided to make a scarf for Carly. After much frustration and lots of redoing my project her scarf ended up very very skinny. I couldn't take it any more I wanted it finished. The important thing is that she loves it. I also knitted Hayden a scarf that turned out much better since I had a little more practice and I was using an easier stitch. Well today I tried to knit a hat. While searching on you tube for some how to videos I didn't come across any that were simple enough for me so I went back to the old trusty crocheting. I finish the hat in one hour with no redoes and a lot less frustration. I still want to learn how to knit more things but for now I will just take what I can get. Here are some pictures of Carly and Wolverine (aka) Hayden showing off their scarfs.

5 comments:

  1. Forget knitting! Not that Hayden's scarf doesn't look awesome, but that hat is *soooooooo* cute! And I love the pom poms on the end of the skinny scarf. Next time I'm in Utah we'll have a fiber moment so you can teach me how to crochet and I can show you the easy way to knit a hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heck! ur already sooooo good! i suck at crocheting and i have been doing to for like 2 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! I applaud your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO NOT my Talent I want to learn to knit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you crafty!!! That hat is adorable!!! I need some lessons. My girls would LOVE those!!! Too Cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. This is what makes blogging fun.